Price Chopper Grocery Store - Deceptive Marketing

37 of 38 Price Chopper Grocery Store reviews

I was at Price Chopper this past weekend.When you walk in the door (next to the floral department) they have that big wall of sale items.

This day they had cereal, 4 boxes for $5. Great deal, right. There were 6 different kinds there to choose from so I picked out 4 boxes and continued on. My daughter decided to get some as well so she went to the wall.

She, being sharper than I, read the fine print on the sale sign. Out of the 6 different kinds of cereal displayed only 4 of them were on sale. I thought this can't be true, why would they display the kind that wasn't on sale with the sale brands. So, I went to the customer service desk to verify that my daughter was being illogical.

The girl behind the counter wasn't sure so she paged someone. As we were waiting for a return call the store manager walked by so she asked him. To my surprise, he said that, in fact, only 4 of the brands were on sale. I asked why he would display the others with the sale items if they weren't on sale.

His exact reply was "because that's the way our marketing department told us to do it." Hmm. Really? Sounds like deceptive advertising to me? Blatant deception!

This is not the first time this has happened at Price Chopper. I have noticed it many times in the past but I always gave them the benefit of the doubt. I grabbed the wrong item, they were stocked incorrectly, things like that. But, this day, I was flat out told that they purposely display the items in a way that, in my opinion, is deceitful.

They are expecting shoppers to do exactly what I did, assume that an item is on sale because it is mixed in with the sale items. Most of the time I never even look at my receipt. I assume, again, that they are being honest. That was my mistake.

But it's one mistake that I will not repeat.

Not only will I NEVER shop at Price Chopper again, but I am also reporting this, along with the photos I took, to the Attorney General, the Better Business Bureau, Consumer Affairs, and any other organization I can find that might be able to put an end to this deceptive practice.Of course, this is only MY OPINION.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
37 of 38 Price Chopper Grocery Store reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 12, 2013 #698111 Cato, New York, United States

How is the complaints *** working out for you? All of your time and energy spent has fallen on deaf ears

0 2 Reply

Jul 16, 2013 #681462 Granville, New York, United States

We call Price Chopper (WalletChomper) Their prices are the highest of all grocers and quality ranks right at the bottom of the barrel. The only thing thats being chopped is your wallet. The help is incorrigeable in competence as well as attitude.

2 0 Reply
sheila taylor

Dec 25, 2011 #397275

i am very dissatisfied at price choppers in saint albans vermont they discrinate people that get medicare in the pharmacy the manager was very rude his name is brian

1 0 Reply
CF

Jan 28, 2011 #241438

There's no opinion about it that IS deception!

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Price Chopper Grocery Store. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Price Chopper Grocery Store.
Filing a new complaint about
×